There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Friday, March 18, 2005

Tallahassee, FL

I met up with Jars at the venue termed "The Bomb Shelter." I put the Blood:Water table together while the guys did merchandise. It's strange to see them counting out the shirts and laying their stuff out for themselves. Everything is really different right now. No bus, no extra help, no down time, no full band. You can feel it on the road. It's hard. But everyone's pulling their own weight. I had about 5 Blood:Water volunteers who did all the hard work last night, which was really nice. They went outside and put about 1200 bracelets on people and helped sell stuff and collect money after the show.

Jars did a good job. I've seen their concerts so many times now and I still enjoy sitting in the audience and being a part of it with them. Sometimes I just close my eyes and pray for them and their families.



At these shows, I've been praying that Jesus would just speak through Dan as he talks about Africa and AIDS and water. I've been praying for the audience members - that their hearts would be overwhelmed with compassion. And that they may play a significant role in the 1000 Wells Project. I've been praying for generous hearts. Last night, the guys played 2 shows for audineces of 700 people each. From the 1400 people, we received $4000. I'm humbled by people's generosity.

I want to celebrate every dollar that comes in. Because that's one more life that will be improved. The task set before us is huge - but what a gift it is to be a part of this - regardless of how taxing and tiring it is on my body and my soul.

It was nice to spend time again with the guys. I do care deeply about them and enjoy their company. After the show and signing, we went back to the Doubletree. We had a quick St. Patrick's Day celebration with a beer in the bar adn then went to bed since there was a 4am wake up call.

I drove back to Jacksonville and turned the $4000 of cash into the bank. I sat in the airport FOREVER and am finally on the plane to Nashville for the night. I'm off to Ohio tomorrow...

Jena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home