Wheaton, IL
Wheaton College hosted a big AIDS conference for collge students across the country. Jars and I got up in front of 300 students to talk about Blood:Water, the church, social justice and the approach to working with communities. The Q & A session was excellent and I thought the topics of conversation were great. We had African exchange students standing up to tell us how much they appreciate our perspective and our desire to come to Africa with a humble spirit. An older gentleman from South Africa praised us endlessly and poured words of encouragement into us. He said I spoke with eloquence. Students were jazzed, and I spent the better part of an hour talking with them after the presentation.
Jars played for 2500 people tonight. It was a lot of work to get everything set up for the 1000 Wells fundraising. It wore me out. Anyway, Dan spoke wonderfully to the audience, our volutnteers were excelleng, and we ended up bringing in $6,195 from cash donations!!! Unbelievable! It just blows my mind that such resources to help Africa are simply at the tips of our fingers. We just have to ask. Thanks, God, for your provision tonight. I'm so exhausted. More hard work tomorrow...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home