There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Monday, March 14, 2005

Jackson, MS

Okay, so this traveling is getting insane. Roger Parrott at Belhaven College threw together a meeting in Mississippi - and all parties found a way to get together at the last minute. I literally came back from the Smokies in time to pack another bag and board a plane.

First time to M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I (all I can hear in my head is the way I used to spell it really loud and really fast as a little kid!). I didn't get to see much - but the environment was green with lots of trees waiting for spring. Jackson is a small little capital, for sure. There is much diversity, and it certainly looks like what I picture "the South" to be like. I got stuck eating KFC for lunch and it was horrible. The weather was great and I love the GREEN!

Not sure I can talk too much about the meeting - it was mostly a brainstorming session and it was helpful for me as I am to discern the right direction for partnership in regards to Belhaven. Big decisions are very hard. I often pray that God help me with such decisions. The responsibility becomes too much to bear without His guidance.

Jena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home