There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Home

I have been home for 10 days, which is the longest consecutive amount of days I have spent in Nashville all year. After being out of town for the last three months, I have found a new love for my home in Nashville, TN. I can't begin to explain the shift that has happened since I have returned. I admit that I have been a West Coast snob: consciously choosing to not settle into Nashville because I'm not an artist or because this place just isn't "my type." I keep thinking I'll just be here for a couple of years and then I'll be headed somewhere else more "fitting to my personality." But I think I've had it all wrong. Because Nashville is amazing, and snobbery is disgusting and totally blinding.

Since coming back, I have LOVED spending my time with friends and adopted families here in Nashville. I have been out almost every night at a different restaurant or bar, sharing a meal or drink with various friends who are so special to me. This week has been such a blessing - to realize how much I truly love where I live. I love my roommates, my friends, my church, my small group, my coffee shops, the weather, and even the Nashville culture. But most of all - I simply love my friends. It's hard to be gone so much. I miss out on a lot. But I'm so thankful for their willingness to include me, even though I'm an often unreliable friend.

I am so happy to be here. I'm leaving again in two days for vacation (which is a good thing), but I will miss this taste of home that I had this week.

Jena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home