There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

West Coast Tour

Well, I think I've hit about 10 cities (Phoenix, LA, San Diego, Yorba Linda, Westlake, Sacramento, Berkeley, Nashville, Portland, Seattle) in the last two weeks. I've been traveling with Jars of Clay, Derek Webb, and Sara Groves across the West Coast, and it's been a blast. I had the opportunity to meet with our donors, engage in great conversations with everyone on the tour, speak to audiences about Blood:Water, co-author a book (coming out in June), and what fulfill we term, often sarcastically, "living the dream" with about 4 hours of sleep each night. In addition to that, I had the opportunity to catch up with several friends along the way.



While Jars attended the Grammy's in LA, I had the awesome opportunity to catch up with two of my dearest friends, Geoffrey and Chelsey. (yes, Geoff, you made the blog...and on the top of a roof, of course).

Here's Steve and Derek in Portland. Our friend, Don, made us cookies. Always a nice gift.



Oh, this is me on the bus. And these are the bunks on the bus.






This is our new road manager, Jason. He appointed me Junior Assistant Road Manager!



Sara hosted a "Lost" party on her bus. I was so sorry to miss that one. But the decorations were still there!




So, then I had the honor of being in one of my best friend's wedding in Seattle last weekend. Here's Erin (Barry) Gallion, the beautiful bride.



Weddings are SO FUN because you get to see SO MANY old friends. Here are the Whitworth girls. Aww..



And Luke, I promised you a picture on the blog. So there you go :)




By the way, we raised over $20,000 in the last two weeks of the tour. People are so generous. It's so humbling.

I haven't been home all month, and won't be. I'm in Washington DC right now and will be going to Kenya on Friday. I'll do what I can to keep you updated on that trip. I'll be there until March 7th. Friends, it was so good to see so many of you in the last two weeks (Geoffrey, Chelsey, Cassidy, Carissa, Reagan, Jeff, Tyler, Joel, Erin, Sanna, Sam, Luke, Sharla, Tara, Jen, Briana, Liz...I love you all!)

Jena

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Great to have you out, J. Always a bright spot in the day for me!

1:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home