There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Friday, January 13, 2006

37,000 Foot View

Travel is such an amazing gift. I am on my way to Kenya (a flight I've done several times before) but this is my first time to have a window seat on this trip.



I was AWED by the Alps. They were buried in snow - I could easily imagine what it would be like to look at them from the ground. Flying over Italy was really exciting simply because I want to go there someday. We flew over Libya and the Sahara Desert. There was nothing but sand and its ripples for as far as the eye could see. Currently, we're flying over Sudan, just north of Khartoum.


It's so amazing to be able to soar above the world and look out at it through a window - 37,000 feet above the ground. I love it.

Jena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home