There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Friday, January 13, 2006

Off to Kenya

I must be the luckiest girl in the world. I'm in the airport getting ready to fly to Kenya for the week. I'll be meeting with a bunch of NGOs and government officials who are interested in addressing the water crisis TOGETHER! Collaboration and partnership is so important, and sometimes it's really hard to do that. God's doing such amazing things in Africa, despite all the frustration with trying to address systemic injustices and poverty.

I'm tired, but so thankful for what God is doing in my life. I keep thinking I've learned enough and that I don't want any more lessons or challenges. My brain and my heart are getting such a good workout these days. I keep wanting to shy away from the hard things because, quite honestly, refinement hurts like hell. But I keep moving forward with my eyes on Jesus, and all of it is worth it. All of it. The good, the bad, the hard, the tears, the joy, the passion. He's called us to pray for the Kingdom to come here - to this filth, this mess, this tragically broken world. And what a gift it is to see the redemption, to be a small part of the redemption, and to have us all point our hearts and our gaze towards God.

Jena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home