There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Washington DC


Our red "lipstick" bus has brought us to one of my favorite cities, our nation's capital. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt, had a reception at Senator Mary Landrieu's (LA) home and then ahd dinner at The Dubliner with Jars and wives, the Garbers and Clydette Powell. It was some sweet time as we all shared a meal together outside on a comfortable summer evening. Steve then took us on a walking night tour around the Capitol. Walk with Steve and you will see things that your eyes and attention would normally pass over. And you'll be thankful that he has opened a window of perspective that will forever remain with you. His love for aesthetics and history and thoughtful questions is beautiful.

I loved going back to the Hyatt and enjoying a room all to myself. I mean, the bunk on the bus is a wonderful thing, but this was simply perfect. I could have stayed MUCH longer.

On Tuesday, we had a press conference on the Hill, lunch in the Senator's dining hall with Mark Rodgers, a special tour inside the Capitol building and a couple of hours for rest. That evening we had the CCAI Gala at the Grand Hyatt where Jars was awarded for their work with Blood:Water Mission. It was quite special, and I am so thankful that the wives, the Garbers and Clydette could be there with us to share the special event together. Steve Mason kept telling me throughout the two days how cool all of this was. I know it meant a lot to him, and that means a lot to me. I'm so blessed to be a part of this with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home