There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Monday, September 12, 2005

North Carolina

So, I ended up staying awake and writing my essay until 5:30am - but I got it done! It was a great place to write - in the back of the bus where it was quiet, and even when I felt like the writing was going nowhere, I knew that at last the bus was going somewhere. Our days in Charlotte and then Raleigh were great. We had ample time to get to know some other Christian artists. I really enjoyed spending more time with Joy Williams, Mat Kearney, Day of Fire, Steven Delopoulos (re-united) and Johnny, and Chris Rice. We're usually out on the road by ourselves, so it's fun to interact with other artists.

Matt Perkins and his new wife, Faith, hung out with me at the Raleigh show. It was wonderful spending time with them, getting to know Faith, and introducing them to my road life. Dan and I spent the entire afternoon finishing our Coca-Cola proposal that we're sending out very soon.

Apparently, we've been following Coldplay. They are playing a day ahead of us at all of these venues. Just a week more until I'll be seeing them in Nashville!!!

Jena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home