There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Universal Studios

I woke up this morning in the back stage of Universal Studios in Orlando, FL. I slept pretty well on the bus - we don't have the best bus driver this time around, but it's okay. Universal Studios is quite fascinating. It was my first time to come to this theme park, but it felt a lot like MGM Studios. Anyway, where was definitely a perk in showing up with the band instead of individually. We were given a personal tour guide (usually at the cost of $2300/day) for free and she walked us straight to the front of every line, for whichever rides we desired. That was pretty great. We enjoyed our Mummy, Spiderman, Hulk and Men in Black rides, for sure. We had lunch with some of the guys from a band called Day of Fire. I spent some time on my own in our trailor to work on my AIDS chapter. Man, that is certainly the bane of my existence right now. I have to send it in tomorrow morning, so I will be pulling an all-nighter tonight (it's already midnight). The show went well tonight and we're driving on to Charlotte, NC.

I just started reading this book called, "We Would See Jesus." The first chapter is quite bold and hit me like a ton of bricks. It said so much about how Christianity is not about service as much as it is about knowing God. That's hard for me to swallow. Anyway, it's something to really consider and think about as I seek to be closer to Jesus - maybe it's not in my attempt to do more - but really just in drawing closer to Him.

Jena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home