There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Thursday, September 08, 2005

On the Bus

It's been a long week adn I'm feeling quite beat up. I have too much on my plate right now and the next handful of days is going to be taxing and highly demanding. It's hard stuff. But I love it. I rushed all day to get ready for leaving tonight. I'll be on the road for the better part of a week. I'm on a bus right now with the guys en route to Florida. We have 3 shows and then 2 days in Washington, DC to be awarded for Blood:Water by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute. It's been a lot of work to put it together, but should be a great event.

Anyway, I just finished watching the first half of the Raiders/Patriots game on satellite tv with everyone. I'm really out of date with the NFL these days. And of course since I was only focused on 49er football, all I can really speak to is the glory years of the niners - you know - the days of Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Brent Jones, John Taylor, Merton Hanks, Ricky Waters. (Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott were a little too early for my attention). So, I'm footballed out. I'm now cozied up in the back room with my ipod (Norah Jones), a devotional and my journal.

Usually, I have a hard time finding a good balance on this bus. I'm often tempted to stay up late, eat junk food, and hang with everybody all the time. I'm learning now (finally, after a year of this), that it's important to break away and get some quiet time. It's possible, even when you're in very tight quarters with six other guys. Good stuff. Happy to be here.

Jena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home