There is ecstasy in paying attention. Anyone who wants to can be surprised by the beauty or pain of the natural world, of the human mind and heart, and can try to capture just that - the details, the nuance, what is. (annie lamott)

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Weddings...

July 8, 2006

Alyssa's wedding was beautiful, and it was a gift to share in such a special day.



For the record, being in a wedding is an emotional rollercoaster. I felt absolute elation in celebrating the union of my best friend to her soul mate, but I also experienced this weird kind of sadness in feeling as though I'm losing part of something, or someone. There's joy in the reunion of old friends from the past who have come to attend the wedding, and yet there is a dull pain that reminds me that I don't know them as much as I used to, that we're not a part of one another's lives like before. I feel as though I have been mourning the memories of different people and parts of my life who are no longer in my immediate world. I've found this to be one of the most difficult challenges of growing up. It makes me so thankful for the friends we are able to hold on to. These friendships are so precious.




















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home